Moonfrog Labs is driven by a passion for making the most enjoyable and superior games for their players around the world and we are on the lookout for people who share that passion. If you would like to be part of our growth and build great games, please connect via LinkedIn or Email using the links below.
Currently Open Positions
What you should expect to do in this role?
- You will be closely working with a small-hybrid team of artists, engineers, product managers and user experience designers; in a very fast paced environment.
- You will be developing software; which not only works but also entertains your customers. Thus customer experience matters most. You are someone who takes deep pride in developing such experiences.
- You will provide technical mentorship to all engineers in the team and will lead a small group (2-5) of senior engineers.
- You will define and own the complete engineering roadmap for a business unit and will collaborate with engineering manager(s) to execute that.
- You will evaluate new ideas, 3rd party sdks and other technologies by making Proof of Concepts.
- You will perform risk assessments on internally developed software, infrastructure components and submitted proposals. You will develop and enhance new and existing security-focused tools and services.
- You are someone who takes full ownership and full accountability of things you build and deliver (from conception, speccing and design through testing and deployment and post release enhancements)
“Must Have” Past Experience - Candidates must have these three experiences:
- You are a backend engineer with 7+ years experience in building user facing web and mobile applications.
- You have worked on distributed systems that handle large traffic volumes and you have a nuanced understanding of challenges in distributed systems and scalability principles.
- You have strong command in any one or more of the following languages and frameworks : Java/Scala, JS/TypeScript+NodeJS, Golang or C++.
- You have 3+ years of experience working with NoSQL databases, Key-Value stores and Pub-Sub systems.
- You have 3+ years of experience working with cloud computing platforms like AWS or GCP or Azure..
“Preferred” Past Experience - Candidates with following experience will be preferred over others:
- Exposure to game engines and game development is a huge plus.
- A stint in startups (in a tech leadership role : SDE-3/PSE/Architect) or in simillar fast paced environments would be prefered
- Experience in leading a small team to execute complex projects would be a plus.
Our interview Process - Our interviewers will test you for the following:
- Critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Mastery over coding and knowledge of common data structures and algorithms.
- Knowledge of distributed systems and scaling concepts and application of those concepts in designing real-world systems.
- Deep understanding of the work you have done in the past and how did you go about doing it.
- Clarity about your growth aspirations and career plans.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible to lead the Engineering team and its deliverables for Moonfrog’s multi million dollar flagship games.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Take responsibility to lead the overall Software Engineering delivery for more than one game teams
2. Partner with different stakeholders to define the long term Engineering delivery roadmap and partner with the “General Manager” on business delivery for the game teams
3. Take overall responsibility to build and improve high quality engineering practices and capabilities in the game teams
4. Build a strong process and drive periodic design and architecture reviews
5. Provide guidance to the Engineering team members and enable them in achieving their job responsibilities
6. Provide mentoring to the Engineering team members, enabling their capability & career development
1. Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering (or an equivalent degree), with 10+ years of experience in different Software Engineering roles
2. At least 2-3 years of experience in people management roles, managing high calibre Engineering teams and Managers
3. Strong background in building backend technologies over distributed systems. Hands on experience in building platforms, technologies and systems for products they have worked on
4. Background in building large scale mobile applications used by millions of users - will be preferred
5. Ability to partner with stakeholders (Principal Engineer, Architect, General Manager) to formulate and execute the Engineering roadmap
6. A hands on professional, while working as a Manager, should be equally comfortable working closely with the Engineering team members
7. Strong business alignment - ability to build deep insights of business requirements and align software delivery to those requirements
8. Comfortable to work in a fast paced, evolving work environment
9. Prior experience of having managed Engineering at Scale will be preferred
1. This role reports into the General Manager of the Game Teams
2. Engineering teams, comprising of Software Engineers, Senior Software Engineers and Dev Ops Engineers will directly or indirectly report to this role
Why work with us?
1. Work for one of the fastest growing and successful gaming organizations across India and APAC
2. Build games and applications that are played by millions of users the world over
3. Enjoy working in small teams and a non bureaucratic environment
4. Enjoy an environment that provides high levels of empowerment and space to achieve your objectives
5. Work in a highly profitable and growing organization, with opportunities to accelerate and shape your career
6. Great benefits - apart from competitive compensation & benefits, free food, flexible timings, best hospitalization and health cover (for self and family)
7. Above all - a “fun” working environment
Why Work With Us?
At Moonfrog, you will not only be working alongside industry experts and the creators of some of some of our most popular games, you’ll find that work is fun! We continuously find ways to stay employee-friendly and keep up with changing needs of our workforce with inclusive and relevant policies.
Work Life Balance
We believe that our policies should create synergies between work and life. We offer our employees a wide range and number of Paid Time Off, Flexible Working hours and Work From Home arrangements (even before Covid)!
Moonfrog has your health covered with Group Medical Insurance, Group Personal Accident Insurance, Group Term Life and Covid Coverage.
Your wellness is equally important to us and we keep engaging our employees through Yoga, Zumba, Mindfulness sessions and On-Demand Therapy/Consultation services.
COVID has affected the way we live and work, and Moonfrog supports the new normal by providing Reimbursements for Home-Office set-ups, Coverage for COVID-affected employees and increased schedule flexibility.
At Moonfrog, along with a fast paced learning environment for accelerated growth, we provide opportunities for employee training, workshops, and education.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull frog. We engage our employees with outings, team gatherings and festive celebrations. With WFH, we continue to stay in touch with all our employees and have fun virtually!